Marine Corps Reserve Association
MAJGEN REX MCMILLIAN NOMINATED TO LEAD MARINE FORCES RESERVE
The Defense Department announced McMillian's promotion and nomination on Friday (July 24). The U.S. Senate still must ratify the appointment.
MajGen Rex McMillian has been selected to receive a third star and replace LtGen Richard Mills at the helm of the Marine Forces Reserve, approximately 40,000 drilling reservists spread across the United States. LtGen Mills is scheduled to retire in September.
To read entire article and view pictures, click here.
UPDATE 2015 ANNUAL CONVENTION
The annual convention is rapidly approaching. This year it is being held at MCB San Diego, CA. Here is an updated list of events:
10 Sept (Thursday): 1800: No host social @ "Stone Brewery"
11 Sept (FRIDAY):
- 0800-0830: Colors ceremony, MCRD San Diego. We will be guests of the CG.
- 0830-0915: Breakfast @ Bayview Rest, MCRD San Diego
- 1000-1130: MCRD recruit graduation. We will be guests of the CG.
- 1130-1300: LUNCH
- 1330-1430: Recruit training tour, to be conducted by the base personnel
- 1430-1630: We have choice of being provided a tour of the MCRD SD command museum &/or a tour of the USS MIDWAY
- 1800-????: Evening dinner, hosted by the "Howling Mad Smith" Chapter @ Bay Shore Marina
12 Sept (SATURDAY):
- 0800-1630: Convention, BUILDING 7W on base.
- **spouses in attendance are invited to attend "High Tea" at the Hotel Del Coronado: 1200 - 1400
- 1800-????: Evening dinner @ Casa Guadalajara Restaurant
12 Sept (SATURDAY): Depart
If you are interested in attending please click here to register to attend.
Camp Lejeune Water
This is one of the issues the MCRA will NOT give up on!