Staff Judge Advocate
Member of the Board
12th District Director
The Association is proud to present Mr. Bo Khamphanthong, a financial planner. Bo served in the Corps from 2006 to 2012, deploying to combat in Iraq in 2007 where he conducted patrols. Once he departed the Corps, he entered San Diego State University, graduating in 2015. He currently works with Northwestern Mutual as a financial advisor. He is on a mission to help guide military veterans with financial guidance. He will be providing some outstanding to help you get your finances squared away. He will be educating you with what to do with your TSP and how to develop a picture of your budget on a monthly basis. He will be speaking from a personal perspective. He personally struggled with his finances when he left active service. His mission and purpose is to educate others on comprehensive financial planning. Click here to register to attend the classes, REGISTRATION,
1.FY24 COMMANDANT'S EDUCATION BOARD - GRADUATE EDUCATION PROGRAM SELECTION RESULTS
Date Signed: 11/20/2023 | MARADMINS Number: 583/23
- This message announces the results of those selected for various civilian and military graduate education programs (GEP) on the Fiscal Year 2024 (FY24) Commandant's Education Board (CEB) which convened on 6 September 2023.
2. FY24 COMMANDANT'S CAREER-LEVEL EDUCATION BOARD SELECTION RESULTS
Date Signed: 11/20/2023 | MARADMINS Number: 582/23
- This message announces the results of the Fiscal Year 2024 (FY24) Commandant's Career-Level Education Board (CCLEB) that convened on 6 September 2023 as part of the FY24 Commandant's Education Board (CEB). This message includes those selected to attend Career-Level School (CLS) including Expeditionary Warfare School (EWS).
3. FY24 COMMANDANT'S PROFESSIONAL INTERMEDIATE-LEVEL EDUCATION BOARD SELECTION RESULTS
Date Signed: 11/20/2023 | MARADMINS Number: 581/23
- This message announces the results of the Fiscal Year 2024 (FY24) Commandant's Professional Intermediate-Level Education Board (CPIB) which convened on 6 September 2023 as part of the Fiscal Year 2024 (FY24) Commandant's Education Board (CEB). This message includes those selected to attend Intermediate-level schools (ILS), foreign professional military education (FPME) and various fellowships.
4. FY 2024 APPROVED SELECTIONS TO FIRST SERGEANT AND MASTER SERGEANT
Date Signed: 11/20/2023 | MARADMINS Number: 580/23
- Marines listed in paragraph 4 will receive appointments to fill vacancies in the selected grade by assigned order of seniority. Separate monthly Marine Administrative Messages (MARADMIN) will announce planned promotions.
MCRA LATEST PODCAST
The MCRA latest PODCAST focuses on the career ofCol David Leighton, USMCR (Ret). In this PODCAST we will hear why Dave joined the Marine Corps; his training to become a Marine and a Naval Aviator. Listen to what Vietnam was like during the Corps' first "Advisory" mission in 1961. We hear about the Corps build-up and flying combat missions in 1966. Dave will also discuss the Association from the 1970s to today. This is a PODCAST you do not want to miss, from an American warrior who has served his country for over 60 years. Col David Leighton PODCAST
We now have 11 new PODCASTS for your enjoyment. Please listen and leave a comment to improve our content. Best, we would appreciate it if you were to share.
SPOTIFY PODCASTS MCRA YOU TUBE PODCASTS
LtCol Raymond G. Davis led his battalion into Hagaru-Ri, Korea after four days of intense fighting in the mountain passes against a numerically superior hostile force. His battalion, 1st Battalion, 7th Marines, helped clear the way for the 5th and 7th Marines, and LtCol Davis was awarded the Medal of Honor for his heroism.
A small detail of Marines under Captain Maurice G. Holmes defeated Nicaraguan bandits near Chuyelite. GySgt Charles Williams was mortally wounded during the fighting. Capt Holmes was later awarded the Navy Cross for gallantry, and a posthumous award was given to GySgt Williams.
Japanese aircraft attacked Wake Island within hours of the fateful attack on Pearl Harbor. Marines of the 1st Defense Battalion and Marine Fighting Squadron 211 resisted Japanese invasion attempts for over two weeks before finally succumbing to an overwhelming force.
Marines of the 15th Marine Expeditionary Unit (Special Operations capable) landed in Somalia kicking off Operation Restore Hope, the largest humanitarian relief operation of its kind.
In Bosnia, 22 Marines from Marine Corps Security Force Company, Naples, Italy were among the first American troops to arrive. They provided the security for Allied Forces Southern Europe headquartered at Sarajevo. About 2,500 NATO troops would be in place by 19 December taking on the task of peace enforcement in former Yugoslavia from the U.N.
The Secretary of the Navy, John Sullivan, signed a "Memorandum of Agreement" with the State Department which laid the basis for the modern Marine Security Guard program at U.S. embassies throughout the world.
The Marine detachment of the USS Ticonderoga provided shipboard security for three U.S. astronauts, Eugene Cernan, Ronald Evans, Harrison Schmitt, and their Apollo-17 space capsule. The astronauts had successfully completed a (then) record lunar stay of more than 75 hours.
Operation Just Cause was launched in Panama to protect American lives, restore the democratic process, preserve the integrity of the Panama Canal Treaty, and apprehend dictator General Manuel Antonio Noriega. One Marine, Corporal Garreth C. Isaak, was killed and three other were wounded during the operation.
Japanese forces launched a predawn landing on Wake Island and Wilkes Island, while their carriers launched air strikes against Wilkes, Wake, and Peale islands in support of the landing force. After nearly 12 hours of desperate fighting, the three islands were surrendered.
Twenty helicopters from Marine Light Helicopter Squadron 162, were rushed to Ceylon onboard the USS Princeton where Marines participated in the rescue and evacuation of flood victims
What does comprehensive financial planning mean?
5 Dec 2023
Q&A: TRICARE For Life and Your Family
Land Navigation Award Presented
Find Someone to help you:
Prepare for job interviews.
Prepare your resume.
Gen a mentor.
Team with our partner at Hire Heros USA.